MGW offer carbon brush products designed and manufactured by SGL GELTER, which is one of the world leaders in the manufacture of graphite products.
SGL GELTER (formerly Gelter-Ringsdorff) belongs to SGL carbon GROUP with headquarter in Germany, and factory in Spain.
SGL’s new factory built in 2002 in Madrid (Spain) has 6000 m² in total. SGL GELTER is certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 ,TS 16949 and ISO 50001.
Carbon Brush Manufacturing Process
- Guarantee of origin and quality: All SGL brushes around the world are manufactured always with the same process: raw material (graphite) manufactured in SGL Bonn (Germany) and final product, including accessories and our own manufacturing process, is manufactured in SGL Gelter Madrid (Spain).
Typical data of SGL GELTER products grades for wind power applications 1）
|¹⁾ Brush Pressure recommendation = 2,2 N/cm² 2⁾ Cu: Metal-graphite with mainly Cu content; Ag: Metal-graphite with mainly Ag|
Wind Turbine Carbon Brushes
Application-specific products for wind energy generators:
• Grounding and power brushes
• Special brushes for low and high-humidity climates
• Lightning protection brushes
• Silver- and copper-containing carbon brushes
• Custom-designed products and shapes
SGL products for wind energy generators
Renewable energies are becoming increasingly important in worldwide energy generation. Wind energy is the most rapidly growing form of renewable energy. In both onshore and offshore areas, giant wind farms are springing up.
Carbon brushes are very important functional components of wind energy generators. They are used as electrical contacts for power transmission. Our expertise in materials and applications makes us a sought-after partner in the wind energy industry, and SGL have been suppling their products to wind turbine OEMs like SGRE, Vestas, GE and other electrical companies as well.
|SIEMENS GAMESA||Wind Power|
|INDAR ELECTRIC||Wind Power|
|GENERAL ELECTRIC||Wind Power|
|EDP R||Wind Power|
|ENEL GREEN POWER||Wind Power|
Traction industry products
Application-specific carbon brush products for traction industry:
Major customers in traction industry: